About the Hotel
Welcome the most luxurious hotel in Bydgoszcz. Based on opinions:
In carefully renovated interiors, where the classicism interweaves with Art Nouveau, we have prepared rooms and apartaments of the highest standard, replicating the enchanting atmosphere of artistic bohemia.
You are welcome to make use of the “Weranda” restaurant, Ruby Hall, the terrace on the hotel’s roof, the cellar stocked with exquisite wines and champagnes, the cigar smoking room, the Internet parlour, the golden swimming pool and autorized Clarins SPA.
The tenement house at 9 Konarskiego Street was built in 1887 in the eclectic style and its first owner was a German merchant Otto Bollmann. It is believed that the architect of its design was a Bydgoszcz master bricklayer Anton Hoffman, who was the stepfather of Józef Święcicki – the creator of the most beautiful of Bydgoszcz’s tenement houses.
Since its beginning, the building was an income house with five flats. At the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century the tenants were high ranking officers, clerks and artists, among others, including the painter Jerzy Rupniewski.
In 1920, the estate passed into the hands of Magdalena Łaganowska, who settled in one of the flats and rented the remaining four. After her death and the German occupation, the house in Konarskiego Street was administered by communist governments.
The last owner of the building was Irena Stürm-Delcroix, who, in 1997, relying on her grandmother Magdalena’s last will, started efforts to recover the property. These efforts ended successfully and the Republic of Poland returned the family estate to the rightful heirs.
Since December 2003, Joanna and Janusz Franczak, who converted the former tenement house, have been the owners of the building and since July 2008 HOTEL BOHEMA has been located there.
For reservations please contact the reception
tel. +48 52 5 600 602, fax +48 52 581 00 88